Mangrove School of Sarasota is so pleased to be able to accept Step Up, AAA and McKay state scholarship funds!
Breaking news! Scholarship applications are open for the 2017-18 school year!
The Step Up for Students, and AAA scholarships are awarded on a first come first serve basis, so please apply for these programs as soon as possible if you want to be considered as a new scholarship recipient.
Families receiving state scholarships are expected to pay the difference between funds awarded and full tuition, including registration and application fees.
Step Up for Students Scholarships
A child entering kindergarten must be 5 on or before September 1st, (first grade must be 6 on or before September 1st) AND
Your household income is at or below the amount shown on the income guidelines chart below.
How to apply:
- Go to: www.stepupforstudents.org
- Click on the appropriate link (new family or renewal).
- You will need some documentation and will need to be able to print.
- You can save your application and come back to it later if you need.
If you already have a Step up for Students scholarship you may transfer to Mangrove Sarasota and bring your scholarship funds with you.
UPDATE From the Step-Up site:
Applications are currently being accepted at https://www.stepupforstudents.org/logins/income-based-scholarship-login/
The private school scholarship amount was $5886 for the 2016-17 school year, and is currently under review to increase to over $6K, with incremental increases for higher grades!
Students will no longer be required to attend a public school before becoming eligible for a scholarship.
Children placed in out-of-home care are now eligible to apply for scholarships.
Children who are in foster care, or out-of-home care, may keep their scholarships (even if they are adopted or reunified) until they graduate, or turn 21, whichever comes first.
A child entering first grade must be 6 on or before September 1st (5 before September 1st for Kindergarten) AND
Your household income is at or below the amount shown on the income guidelines chart on the first page of the application below:
Applications available on 3/15 – to apply, visit: http://www.aaascholarships.org/parents/florida/
If you already have a AAA scholarship you may transfer to Mangrove Sarasota and bring your scholarship funds with you.
- Student must apply for the program prior to withdrawing from public school
- Student must have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Accommodation Plan
- Student must have been enrolled and reported for funding in a Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys (Grades K-12) OR
- have been a pre-kindergarten student who was enrolled and reported for funding in Florida public school during the preceding October and February Florida Education Finance Program surveys and was at least 4 years old OR
- have attended the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind during the preceding October and February student membership surveys (Grades K-12)
Please note that students with a “gifted only” designation and an Eligibility Plan (EP) do NOT meet the eligibility criteria for the McKay Scholarship Program.
If your child does not meet these requirements but has an IEP or 504 Accommodation Plan and is a dependent child of a member of the United States Armed Forces, the child may be eligible for a McKay Scholarship. Please contact the McKay Scholarship office at 1-800-447-1636.